Friday, May 9, 2008

May Update; or, If summer doesn't come soon, I won't make it.

Well I am sitting in the living room with Maggie and "The Girls," Cornell's 2 sweet daughters who are sleeping over tonight. The girls (ours included) are watching Disney's Snow White.

It is May, and school is likely to be the death of me if it doesn't end soon. Luckily there are only 8 days left! Whew!!!

Last weekend was Jack's first birthday party (his b-day was April 18). I will post pics "soon," when I get around to it. :)

Tomorrow is Maggie's 5th birthday party. She has requested a Tinkerbell theme, and we have opted for another birthday party at the park. It seemed like a frugal choice at the time, but once we had paid the pavilion fee, bought all of the stuff for the goody bags, and ordered the $30 cake (must have chocolate pudding filling, you know), it really wasn't any cheaper than most of the places that will do the whole shebang for you. The good news is that we did luck out on the pavilion fee. It turned out that they had double booked the pavilion, so we got the smaller pavilion for FREE. Now that is frugal. Next year we are thinking McDonalds, after finding out that they include the cake and the goody bags too for just $70. That rocks, whether they do a particularly good job or not.

Today at Maggie's school was the big Muffins with Mom event, and Maggie was super proud to present me with a bag full of all of the treasures she had collected for me this past week. These included some "snowflakes" made from paper doilies cut into tiny pieces, some little purple hearts that she said are earrings (so sweet!), a poem with a handprint, and my favorite, a questionaire that Maggie answered about me. The two standout responses were these...

Q: What my mom does best is...
A: Catch real live snakes.

Q: My mom is really smart. She even knows...
A: My last name.

From Jack I received a framed poem with a handprint and a super cute card--well, poster, really--with four gorgeous photos of my cute baby boy. I took it to work and hung it up there to enjoy. Now I will have something a little bigger to point to when people ask me if the baby pictures on the wall are Jack. (No, they're Maggie.)

Well, until next time...

I will post some photos, like I said, "soon." :o)

0 comments: