Thursday, July 26, 2007

Back to school is coming!

Summer is winding down...next week is the last week of my vacation. It has really dawned on me in the last few days that I am really going back to work and leaving Jack in daycare. That is going to be very hard. Maggie was home with me till she was 16 months old, and here is Jack, not even four months old, going to daycare. He and I had a big talk about it the other day. I did most of the talking. ;o) I told him that he is forbidden from doing major milestones such as first steps and first words at daycare. He seemed to understand. At least, he grinned at me a lot.

On the other hand, I am really excited about the new school year and starting at a new school, Alcova Elementary. Alcova is only about 15 minutes from home, so the commute will be much easier than the last three years'. I had dinner with my new grade level the other night (still on fourth grade) and we had a great time up talking and eating till almost midnight. We also got a lot of things hashed out for the coming year so that we don't have to meet for business during preplanning, which will be more time to work during that week. I feel like I really started to get to know everyone, so I won't be going in blind the first day of preplanning.

Anna

0 comments: